The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy (Supporting your Pre & Perinatal Wellness)
“The female pelvis is a powerhouse of energy transformation; the very throne of creation through which universal creative energy patterns course and flow.” –Rosita Arvigo, DN
What is it?
The Arvigo Techniques of Abdominal Therapy ® are founded on an ancient Maya Technique of Abdominal Massage. This technique is performed externally by gently guiding and supporting organs back into their optimal position, allowing for improved functioning for optimal health and wellness.
Arvigo ® Therapy is best known for addressing misalignment or congestion in the reproductive organs, as well as many common digestive disorders. The techniques effectively alleviate tissue congestion and organ constriction to improve the vital flows of energy, blood, lymph and nerves in the abdomen. They address and can release emotional and energetic tension from the abdomen. This assists to prevent the progression of chronic disease symptomology while improving the body’s ability to self repair and balance.
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy ® support and enhance health and wellness throughout the life cycle of women and children.
Arvigo ® Therapy benefits women throughout the child-bearing years by enhancing fertility and conception, supporting structural changes and alleviating discomfort, providing optimal birth position for baby thereby easing labor, birth and post partum recovery.
At your initial session, you will be taught SELF-CARE MASSAGE which adds to the therapeutic benefits of your session when you perform it at home.
Arvigo ® Therapy normalizes pelvic alignment allowing the uterus to guide itself to optimal positioning in the pelvis.
Digestion and respiration are also improved.
Wellness Benefits At –A- Glance:
- Strengthens uterine ligaments
- Decreases ligament discomfort
- Enhances optimal function and alignment of all reproductive organs
- Supports optimal fetal alignment
- Decreases chronic muscle tension, restores balance to overstretch muscles and ligaments.
- Improves pelvic alignment, addressing sciatic and hip pain.
- Improves sacrum mobility and alignment to facilitate an efficient birth.
- Improves blood flow to mother and baby.
- Improves blood flow to pelvic floor muscles.
- Improves lymphatic circulation and decreases incidence of edema (swelling).
- Releases tension in ribcage and diaphragm, making it easier to breathe more deeply
- Reduces rib pain
- Increases oxytocin, suppressing tension and anxiety and cultivating confidence for mother and her love for her baby.
- Supports emotional healing of past traumas.
- Helps with digestion, reducing nausea and heartburn.
- Improves absorption of nutrients
- Improves elimination
Postpartum Recovery and Healing
Postpartum is a time of physical and emotional adjustments. A new mother’s body undergoes physiological and structural changes as part of healing from labor and birth and to return to her pre-pregnant state.
Arvigo ® Therapy during postpartum facilitates recovery. It encourages involution to occur more quickly and efficiently. It supports the uterus and ligaments to return to an optimal position and helps bring the pelvis into balance.
Arvigo ® Therapy and self care massage may be resumed at 6 weeks postpartum to address the following:
- Helps heal Diastasis Recti
- Addresses pain from low back/sacral/coccyx injuries that can occur during birth
- Facilitates emotional healing from surgical birth and birth trauma
- Improves the potential for a successful VBAC
- Aids to reducing and resolving scar tissue that may have resulted from a caesarean birth
- Fosters healing from the inside out